Thursday, April 5, 2012

Paleo-Waffles Part 2

In about a month and a half of eating Paleo, I have tried about 10 different versions of Paleo-Pancakes (pretty much a different recipe each time I cooked pancakes). And I have a slight feeling that Waffles will be suffering the same fate.

Last week, I randomly threw together ingredients and achieved a pretty decent result:

IMG_20120401_172639

Ingredients for 8 – 10 waffles:

1 banana (pureed)
120g melted butter
1 tbsp honey
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 eggs
150g buckwheat flour
50-100 ml coconut milk (add little by little)
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder

Just work yourself down the list and keep mixing to create a smooth dough. Then bake your waffles one at a time and once done top with fruit and whipped cream ….

IMG_20120401_172647

…. or with melted chocolate, fruit and whipped creme (and yes, that was my breakfast the next day last week) …

IMG_20120402_174506

But I guess, they are fair game.

And for those feeling that I am sharing a lot of baked recipes - I warned you in the beginning of my paleo-adventure that I come from a very baking-friendly family Smiley. I guess, I just can´t help it. Must be the genes or something ….

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment