Monday, February 20, 2012

The Challenge

Now, that I have written about my reasons for starting to eat only paleo foods and announced this project to the whole wide world, I will write about the Challenge that goes with it.

Many paleo followers advise to start off with a 30-day challenge to get you into the swing of things.That means, that the rules should be followed pretty strictly, that there is probably a time where your body will fight against you (and makes you crave sugars like crazy) and maybe a time where you will feel like quitting. You will probably catch yourself quite a number of times with your hands in the cookie jar. I already did that several times today, only to realize the last minute, that cookies are a no-no and were not eaten by our ancestors.

Via


I know what my weaknesses will be:
  1. Cookies, cake and waffles: As I said, my family makes those all the time, which makes them a constant "threat".
  2. Dairy: I eat quite a bit of cereal with milk or joghurt.
  3. Breakfast: I am a breakfast person, and so far thinking about a breakfast that is not sweet is very hard. 
  4. Proteines: I never ate a lot of meat, so that will be quite an adjustment.
I also know, that I will have to be creative in making alternatives that will taste good. But I believe that I am up for the challenge. I am planning to post everyday about my process, especially in those first 30 days. Hopefully, I will also have a few recipe creations to share along the way.

Maybe with time this blog will turn into a great collection of recipes and will chronicle everything about myself turning paleo. Maybe it will help others to make that step to the other side and toward ancient tastes.

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment