Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 8 and Activity Hide and Seek

Do you remember me complaining about my lack of energy yesterday? Well, I guess I was heard by someone. Today, that changed 180%. I was awake and full of energy today. I had fun at today´s trampoline session with my son, I enjoyed the bike-ride to work and I got some exercise through a session of activity hide and seek (more on that later).

First up, here is today´s menu:

Breakfast
Avocado-Banana-Smoothie (I used a different kind of coconut milk and unfortunately did not like it at all); Paleo-Pancakes with Almond Butter and Banana

Lunch
Alaska Salmon, Mixxed Veggies (Carrots, Zucchini, Tomato, etc.)

Snack
1/2 Avocado with Almond Butter, some Walnuts

Dinner
Scrambled Eggs with yesterday´s leftover Chicken and Tomatos


Creative Exercise - the Hide and Seek Edition

Now, today´s hide and seek game with my toddler turned into a full-blown exercise routine. We played for about an hour in the afternoon, and each time when it was my turn to count, I would use that time to make crunches or push-ups or similar exercises. After some rounds I had trained pretty much all of my muscle groups and put in some quality time with my son.

On top of that he also changed the rules a bit. Whenever one of us finds the other one, he runs away to the furthest spot in the house, and I have to run after him to catch him. So there is an added bonus to my newest routine by means of a lot of short sprints. 

Next time, you play a round of this little game with your kids, give activity hide and seek a try. It´s a lot of fun.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment