Monday, February 20, 2012

Why I am going Paleo

Hi there, here I am. On my adventure to the paleo way of life. Here is a quick introduction to my reasons for this change, as well as my initial goals:

I guess, one could say that I have always been one of the lucky ones who could eat a lot and not gain weight. I can also describe myself as someone who detests the fake taste of fast and processed food. If I remember correctly I haven´t seen a fast food store from the inside in at least 10 years. Usually I drink unsweetened tea or water, and almost never a soda.

That´s probably one of the reasons I was always able to maintain my weight pretty constant. My mother also taught me how to cook and bake everything from scratch, which is mostly a good thing. However (see that there is always a little catch?), we always baked way too much. From my childhood I can remember that there was hardly a day, where we did not have a batch of homemade waffles, some sort of cake or cookies.

Via


I continued that trend well into my adulthood.

And now, I am starting to see the results. I guess part of that comes with age and less time to exercise but my body started turning into something I don´t like.

The other day I finally decided that it was time for me to get my act together. I know that I don´t really need to loose any weight. Just the muffintops I started to develop this last year, lol. But, I think the best time to prevent my body getting any worse is NOW before any change will be much more difficult. 

Since I had never in almost 30 years been on a diet, I wasn´t really sure where to start. I didn´t want some quick weight loss plan, but something more substantial and especially permanent. 

Via

While researching on the internet, I came upon many different diets (mostly stupid ones) and finally found the paleo plan. And I liked it.  A lot actually. The theories behind the paleo way of life just made sense to me (with the exception of a few doubts regarding for example cholesterol levels). Very quickly I found out that my few doubts were actually pretty unnecessary and so I decided to go for it.

Over the weekend I have already made some changes to my meals, and today is the first day of eating  paleo foods.

via


No comments:

Post a Comment