Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 9

Today, I really don´t have a lot to report. I ate, I worked some, and I took my son on a bike-ride (and it was drizzling outside). Does that make me a bad mom? I don´t think so. His immune system will be trained by being outside in any weather and mine will to. He actually enjoyed the drizzle in his faze quite a lot, and once we arrived back at home we got dried up and enjoyed dinner with some belly-warming mint tea.

For those of you still following my daily menu – here it is:

Breakfast
Paleo Cake with Almond Butter, Sliced Apples and Cinnamon

IMG_20120228_090659

Lunch
Pork-Steak with Mushrooms and Tomatos

IMG_20120228_115324

Snack
1/2 Avocado; still hungry so I had baked Apple and Banana slices topped with Honey and Almonds

IMG_20120228_162224

Dinner
Leftover Paleo-Pancake with Almond Butter, Turkey Ham and Tomatos (no picture for this one)
I think today might have been a little strong on the fruity side, but that´s OK. Tomorrow I´ll eat more proteines and either way, I feel great.

Exercise
Besides my half-an-hour bike ride with a toddler on the backseat and through wind and rain, I did a few simple exercises at home.

While still in school I used to do A LOT of sports and my push-up count was at around 25. But throughout my university years and afterwards I kind of let sports take the back-seat. My body is nowhere nearly as trained as it used to be when going to gymnastics 3 to 4 times a week.
Last month I bet with my dad, who of us would be able to do more push-ups. I won with my last efforts by 11 to 10. That´s not good. So I have been working on those and I am back up to 15. One ´yay´ for dilligence and perseverance please!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment