Friday, March 23, 2012

Fresh Summer Carrot Salad

Yesterday we had a Carrot Salad on the menu:

IMG_20120322_120126

My mom used to make this a lot during the summer because it is so simple and very fresh. Since it is paleo-conform I figured I might as well post about it.

Ingredients
Carrots (enought to fill a small salad bowl after shredding)
1 large Glass of Apple Juice (we bring our own apples each fall to a local vendor who turns them into juice on the spot for you)

Instructions
1. Shred Carrots using a vitamix or similar
2. Add Juice
3. Mix
4. Enjoy

IMG_20120322_115717

My mom always used to put a little bit of sugar if the carrots were too tart, but I think this salad tastes equally well without it. Also, the sugar could be replaced by a bit of honey if needed, but try without first.

No comments:

Post a Comment