Monday, March 19, 2012

Paleo Project Day 29 – And lots of Cabbage

So today, I finally got around to trying out this recipe from pinkpoisononpaleo. I didn´t have all the ingredients, but I improvised as good as possible. The results turned out great, so go ahead and try the recipe.

My version included:
  • White Cabbage (1/3 of a head)
  • Frozen Carrots (a hand full)
  • Leftover Bolognese-Sauce (2 or 3 cups)
  • Olives (about 15)
  • Broccoli (Leftovers)
  • Walnuts (about 10 halves)
  • Leek (1)
  • Onions (1)
  • Salt, Paprika Spice and Pepper
IMG_20120319_114459

I sauteed the onion in butter, added onion and leeks. After a couple of minutes I added a cup of water to simmer everything for about 10 minutes.

In the meantime I cut the olives, smashed walnuts and picked frozen carrots from a bag of mixed veggies.

I added all those to the pan as well. Next, I poured my leftover bolognese-sauce into the pan and mixed everything very well.

Finally I added salt, pepper and paprika spice to adjust the taste.

IMG_20120319_115922

I don´t have the right stew-pot to put this in the oven as asked for in the original recipe, I did not have the alcohol nor some of the spieces but I think the result was delicious.

I am not someone to follow recipes to a T anyway. Most of the time I tweak some, add ingredients and leave some out. Sometimes my tweaks are great. Sometimes not so much. This time I had to tweak for a lack of ingredients and spices, and I really liked the results.

The remaining 2 thirds of the White Cabbage I also cut into bite-sized pieces and froze them for a later time. 

But now for today´s meals:

Breakfast
Apple and 2 fried eggs

IMG_20120319_085848

Lunch
White Cabbage and Bolognese Stir-Fry with Greens

IMG_20120319_120913

Dinner
Lunch Leftovers (1 big portion) and Mango with Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds and Greens

IMG_20120319_183114

No comments:

Post a Comment