Monday, March 12, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 22

 Today will be another rather short update, since there isn´t much to report.

Here is my menu:

Breakfast
Melon-Smoothie; 1/2 Avocado

Lunch
Ground Beef/Pork and Mushrooms over Lettuce with Honey Mustard Dressing

Snack
1/2 Avocado

Dinner
Egg Frittata with Broccoli and Tomatos; Lettuce with Honey Mustard Dressing

IMG_20120312_182051

Dessert
Mango Slices


Grocery Shopping and Fish
Tomorrow I will have time to go to the store and get new produce, fruit and meat. I also realized, that in all of the past 3 weeks I had fish exactly once. Looks like there is something to be done on that front.

I´ll have to make an extra-effort in planning and cooking fishy-meals, since I seem to forgo that a little bit. It´s just that fish or any type of seafood is not among my favorite foods. I´ll eat it every once in a while, but I´m rarely in the mood for leftovers on the next day.

Having fish/seafood more than once a week, will be tough for me. So here is my public promise to myself, that I´ll purchase seafood every week and that I will prepare and eat it too.

And talking about fish. What should be done with Omega-3 supplements? I ususally don´t believe in supplements, have rarely taken them (iron every once in a while, when it became apparent I am lacking it). And now more than ever, I feel that my meals are nutritious and that I shouldn´t be needing any supplements.

pills_supplements_question_mark2

However, also learning about the whole Omega 3:6 ratio, I am not sure how I am doing in this category. Obviously, I´ll need to up seafood intake. I haven´t gotten to buy any coconut oil yet, so I am using butter and olive oil for all of my cooking. Grass-fed meat is unfortunately not in the budget at this point.  

From these facts I suppose a daily supplement might be the way to go. But I´ll have to research that a little more - I´ve just never been that Vitamine-taking-kind-of-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment