Thursday, March 8, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 18 and Planting a Veggie Garden

Hi there. Today I was able to grab some containers and dirt so I could start my Veggie Garden.
I started with those veggies that can be planted in March (Reddishes, Lettuce and Peppers) and assigned 2 elongated containers to Reddishes, 1 to Peppers and 2 to Lettuce.

After filling the containers with dirt, planting the seeds and watering the seeds, I grabbed some sticks and some wooden cloth pins. Then I wrote the type of plant, any instructions and the harvest month on the pins.

This turned out pretty cute and I will be able to remember what is growing in each pot.

IMG_20120308_153638

These are the peppers which need to stay inside for another month or so. I put them inside at a window facing south, so they should get enough sun that way.

The rest is outside and will hopefully start growing into a decent veggie garden.

IMG_20120308_164822

I forgot to take a picture from the outside, but hopefully this will show what my Veggie Garden looks like at the moment. Each pot has the wooden stick with cloth pins.

Once the greens start coming out, they might even look a little pretty in the back yard.
The carrots, which I told you about still have to wait another month before I can plant them. Until then I should be able to find a decent sized bucket or plant pot at a good prize.

And now, here is what I ate today:

Breakfast
Melon-Banana-Smoothie

IMG_20120305_141023

Lunch
Leftover Green Cabbage with Kibalska-Sausage and Mustard

Snack
Mango, Banana, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Cinnamon

IMG_20120308_160214

Dinner
Leftover Bok Choy, Mushrooms and Fried Eggs; Tomatos

That´s it. Tonight I might have another session of body weight exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment