Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 20 and 21– Lazy Weekend

 Yesterday, I received this in the mail …

Paleo Solution
Source

… and I read most of it last night …

night_owl_big


… meaning there was no time to blog.

Sorry for that. I´ll catch up with you today.

First up, here are this weekend´s menus:

Day 20

Breakfast
Mango-Melon-Smoothie

Lunch
Coconut-Breaded Zucchini with Smoked Ham and Tomato

IMG_20120310_131628

Dinner
Bok Choy with Coconut-Lemon-Dressing, Mushroom Stir-Fry, 2 Fried Eggs

IMG_20120310_183802

Day 21

Breakfast
Fruit Salad with Mango, Kiwi, Sunflower Seeds and Cinnamon, 1 Poached Egg

IMG_20120311_075754

Lunch
Ground Beef/Pork with Zucchini, Carrots, Onion, Tomato, Beets and Leek over Bok Choy

IMG_20120311_122858

Dinner
1 Sliced Apple with 3 Slices of Smoked Ham

Evening Snack
Walnuts

Exercise:
I took my son swimming again on Saturday morning. Throughout the hour, I was able to squeeze in a few swim sprints (while my sister played lifeguard for my son). I also lifted him on a floating toy and towed him around (good training for your legs when pushing and pulling a weight in the water).

Today, I played a round of activity hide-and-seek with the kiddo. Whenever it was my turn counting I did push-ups, crunches or similar exercises. Over the course of an hour play, there is quite some training to be achieved that way.

Random Babble
Sometime this week, I will also get the Primal Blueprint in the mail. I decided it was time to learn more about the behind-the-scenes stuff going on with the with paleo and primal ways of living. So I thought, reading some of the principal books out at the moment would be a good start.

That way I will also be able to make a more informed decision about whether or not I should include or exclude certain types of foods (dairy? fermented dairy?, how much fruit?, etc.). Understanding the different schools of thought will obviously be a step towards making more informed decisions about which direction to go.

Feel free to let me know which way you turned and why. I always love to read about different reasons behind those types of decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carina,

    Wolf und Sisson sind m.E. mit großer Vorsicht zu geniessen, weil sie über weite Strecken keine Ahnung haben, worüber sie da schreiben und die Studienlage m.E. sehr einseitig auslegen. Im Grunde surfen sie halt marketingmäßig auf der Paleo-Welle mit ohne selbst Substanzielles zu bieten zu haben.

    Wenn Du die Bücher nocht nicht gelesen haben solltest, solltest Du ggfls. noch die Bücher von Loren Cordain (The Paleo Diet, The Paleo Answer) und Staffan Lindeberg (Food and Western Disease (das ist m.E. der Mercedes unter den wissenschaftlich fundierten Paleo-Büchern und sein Geld wert) in Erwägung ziehen. Auch sehr lesenswert, da gut unterfüttert sind von Geoff Bond: "Deadly Harvest" und "Natural Eating".

    Lg Robert (aka pinkpoison)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert,

    danke für deine Vorschläge. Nach und nach habe ich vor die verschiedenen Bücher zu lesen. Da ich aber nicht alle auf einmal kaufen konnte und ich mich schwer entscheiden konnte wo ich anfangen soll habe ich einfach erst mal 2 raus gepickt. Nächsten Monat werde ich mir dann wohl Cordain und Lindeberg zulegen.

    Carina

    ReplyDelete