Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 23

Hi everyone! Today I went to Aldi and got some new food for the week. Besides the staples, here is what I purchased:

IMG_20120313_125336

Zucchinis, Bio Veggie Juice, Mango, Eggplant, Avocados, Walnut  Halves, Dark Chocolate (I am working my way up to 85%), Chopped Liver, White Cabbage, and Shrimp (See? I remembered the seafood). I also got some Alaska Pollock, which was already in the pan when I took the picture.
Since I still like to have something sweet for breakfast, the Mango and the Avocados will be put to use on that front.

I´ll probably have quite a few White Cabbage meals this week (raw, cooked, below beef, over beef, stuffed in beef, as soup, etc.). I might freeze some of it to use later in the month. However purchasing an entire and fresh Cabbage is a great way to get some cheap veggies into once meal plan. I believe I paid about 75 cents (EUR) for this, which is next to nothing for all the meals this will go into.

Last week for example I had several meals with the Chinese Cabbage (there is still a little bit left) and I will use it up hopefully by tomorrow.

Luckily, since starting our paleo transformation, I had to throw away NO FOOD at all (contrary to current articles in the news this week with regards to Germans throwing out tons of it every year). I am actually quite surprised at myself. This is new to me and I am quite proud of my excellent planning and use of what I have on hand. Maybe this is because we used any lunch leftovers for the next dinner or the following day´s lunch. Everything just got used up at the next meal and incorporated as far as possible.

Anyways, here is what I cooked up for today:

Breakfast
Kiwi, Banana, Cinnamon, Sunflower Seeds (kinda like this)

IMG_20120311_075754

Lunch
Alaska Pollock with Tomatos over Greens; Leftover Honey-Mustard-Dressing 

IMG_20120313_123056

Snack
Avocado-Smoothie, 1 ounce of Dark Chocolate

Dinner
Leftover Veggie and Ground Beef (from Sunday) mixed with Bok Choy over a bed of greens; Honey-Mustard-Dressing

IMG_20120313_182439

By the way … 
Does anybody have some good suggestions with regard to the chopped liver? I am still thinking about how to use this without the bread …. If you have some ideas, let me know in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment